Tuesday, June 9, 2009

snickerdoo....well, crunchy cinnamon cookies.

I can not call these cookies snickerdoodles. They are not puffy nor do they have that crackled top that i love about my grandmother's snickerdoodles. No, these are flat and crunchy and, well, not snickerdoodley. Going through the list of ingredients before making this recipe, I knew these wouldnt turn out like I hoped. I believe it was because the lack of cream of tartar that the recipe called for. Here in Mexico, I have yet to find cream of tartar. or maybe it was jsut that i left them in the oven too long. ( i didnt make them for me, i made them for my inlaws, who dont like chewy cookies.) but at any rate these are not my fave cookies, although my FIL devours them.

  • 2 3/4c flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1c butter
  • 1.5 c sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • cinnamon and sugar for topping
  1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl.
  2. cream butter and sugar and add eggs in 1 at a time. add vanilla and beat in. beat in the flour mixture gradually.
  3. roll in balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet (I greased it anyways)
  4. dip the bottom of a glass in cinnamon and sugar mixture and press onto cookies to coat and flatten.
  5. bake at 4oo farenheit for 8-10 minutes
  6. give to father in laws that like crucnhy cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment