Tuesday, June 16, 2009

apology pie

After arguing all weekend with your fiancé and you're finally ready to make the peace, this is what you do. You make a big hearty steak-n-potato apology pot pie. You load a pie crust up with tender meat, sliced potatoes, and lots of onions. Throw in a little zucchini for good measure and put a tiny heart made of dough in the center and voilà! You're forgiven! Works everytime.


pie, apology, pot pie

1pound sirloin cut in cubes (or you could use stew meat)
Flour (to lightly coat meat)
Salt and pepper (to season meat)
1-2 potatoes diced or thinly sliced, however you prefer
A handful of diced zucchini
1 medium onion, sliced
2 c beef stock
9 inch pie crust

Preheat oven to 400F.
In a bag mix flour, salt, and pepper.
Add meat and shake to coat.
Brown meat with onions. Add stock and lower heat.
Simmer for 30 min or until meat is tender.
Add potatoes and zucchini and simmer another 10 minutes.
Spoon everything into pie shell ( don't forget to put the little dough heart in the center
Bake 30 min or until crust is done.

This serves about four, unless you are like my boyfriend. Then it serves about 1 and a half.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! The apology comes through, and it's a win-win because (hopefully) your SigOth will share.

    I found you on TasteSpotting and am writing to say that if you have any photos that aren’t accepted there, I’d love to publish them. Visit my new site (below), it’s a lot of fun! I hope you will consider it.

    Best,
    Casey
    Editor
    www.tastestopping.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of this post reminds me of the movie Waitress where all the pie names have an emotion attached to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say that I made this and it was FANTASTIC! I can't wait to make it again. I think I might try it with chicken as the main meat and see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete