Friday, July 31, 2009

What is this monstrous thing?


its a torta de la central.
In other words, its an enormous sandwich my boyfriend bought at the bus station (central) this mornig at 4 am after a night at the bar. He only ate half of it, and said I could have the other half. I asked him what it had on it, and he said he didnt know, but that it was called a niƱa rica. I disected it this morning and found that it contains in no particular order:
  1. mayo
  2. milanesa- a breaded, fried meat fillet
  3. avocado
  4. sachicha- hot dogs
  5. some other kind of thin red meat that tasted a little like pepperoni...
  6. queso oaxaca
  7. onions
  8. tomato
I took a bite of it (minus the hot dogs and mayo...eww) and was surprised that it was delicious. One bite turned into another and another until I had finished the darn thing. :\

No comments:

Post a Comment