Friday, July 3, 2009

Soba Noodles

yesterday was one of those days. You know, the kind where you have absolutely no inspiration, but you have to make something, because you have people depending on you to eat.


So, I got out my recipe folder and while waiting for something to jump out at me, I found a recipe for eggdrop soup i had been wanting to try. I had some soba noodles, so I thought I'd make a meal of it.


Im glad I did. The soup and the noodles were delicious!



eggdrop soup (for 2):
  • 3-4 cups of water
  • .5 tbsp bouillon
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • handful chopped chives
  • 2 eggs
  • salt to taste
  1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil slowly
  2. Add lightly beaten eggs in a slow stream and cook for one minute
Soba noodles:

  1. Cook soba noodles according to package.
  2. meanwhile, blanch some broccoli.
  3. In a skillet, sautee onion, garlic, broccoli, and chicken cutlets (I cut mine in strips).
  4. Add one cup chicken stock, 1 tsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp soy sauce and cook a few minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
  5. Add the noodles to the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment