Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BBQ...and the end of a diet :(

Well, I'm sad to say that my boyfriend's diet lasted all of 12 hours.

He got home from work Monday and pulled out another one of those giant tortas that i posted about the other day from his lap top case and dug in. He about 3/4 of it and washed it down with 2 glasses of sprite.

Yesterday I made some pulled chicken BBQ sandwiches with zucchini chips and a lite apple crisp in hopes that all that would fill him up, but it didnt. A couple hours later his parents invited us over because some friends of the family dropped by, and my bf chowed down on about 10 chalupas. A chalupa is fried corn dough toppd with lettuce, salsa, chicken, and radish.

But anyways! Sorry for the rant. I really dont know what to do about him. I guess it's just a decision he will have to make for himself, but in the mean time i can continue to cook healthy meals for him. sigh.




You can find my BBQ recipe here. The buns were homemade, but nothing to write home about, so I wont bore you with the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a HUGE BBQ fan so this would be a definite treat after dieting. I wanted to say thanks again for participating in the Monthly Mouthful! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your dish soap muffins! :) They made my day!

    ReplyDelete