Monday, August 3, 2009

swiss chard with wild mushrooms

My mother in law gave me some weird looking mushrooms the other day. Anyone have any idea what kind they are??

I dont like mushrooms, as I have previously stated, but in light of my boyfriend's new diet, I decided to put them to good use. I had some swiss chard (called acelgas here in Mexico) that I needed to use up, so i just sauteed that with some garlic, salt and the mushrooms. My boy friend loved it!


Swiss chard with Wild Mushrooms (for 1):

  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp oil
  • a couple handfuls of swiss chard
  • about a cup of sliced mushrooms
  1. sautee garlic and musrooms in oil.
  2. add in swiss chard and sautee until wilted

2 comments:

  1. I don't like mushrooms either but your recipe looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple, delicious look recipe! I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete