Monday, August 3, 2009

Stuffed peppers...the start of a diet!

Today, my boyfriend finally agreed to start a diet with me. I've been trying to get him to eat better for a long time. It's not that he eats alot of bad stuff. He eats relatively good foods, he just eats so much. He's a big guy (6'2'', 220 lbs) and I like how he looks, but its his health I'm concerned about.

But so far so good. Today was the first day in 3 years that I saw him eat meal without 4 slices of bread! I just hope he sticks with this diet.

I knew I had to make something healthy and filling, so I decided on stuffed bell peppers. They filled him up all right!




Stuffed Bell Peppers (for 2):
  • 2 big bell peppers (whatever color you like)
  • 1.5 - 2 c cooked rice (depends on how big your peppers are) I cooked my rice with tomatoes to give it a nice flavor
  • 4-5 slices turkey bacon
  • .5 c black beans
  • diced onion and minced garlic (however much you want)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Cut peppers either in half or cut the tops off. I cut mine in half length-wise.
  2. Devein peppers.
  3. Sautee onions, garlic, and bacon a few minutes. Add beans and cooked rice, and sautee a couple minutes more. Season with Salt and pepper.
  4. fill peppers and pop in the oven at 375ºf for 25-30 minutes. ( you can add cheese on top if you are so inclined)

No comments:

Post a Comment