Monday, September 21, 2009

French toast sandwiches..a good late night snack



For the past couple of weeks, I have really been craving French toast...but I didnt have any maple syrup to put on top. I kept forgetting and forgetting to get it everytime I went to the store. Then finally last night I jsut couldnt take it anymore and made my boyfriend take me to the store just to get it so i could make my French toast.
He complained a bit about having to go out at 9:30 pm ust to get some maple syrup, but when all was said and done, he didnt regret taking me, and he raved about his banana-cream cheese stuffed French toast "sandwich."

This was really easy. You just make basic French toast in a skillet and then spread the filling between to slices. For the filling I mixed some cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and sliced bananas. Top with maple syrup and powdered sugar.

2 comments:

  1. wow this sounds amazing and easy too. I'll try it tomorrow for dinner with my boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love it! I've never considered it for a midnight snack, but now that I think about it.....why not?!

    ReplyDelete